Churches in Bolzano
In Bolzano there are many churches and monasteries, some dating back to the Middle Ages. The cathedral, the church and the monastery of the Dominican, the Franciscan and the Benedictines.
- The Assumption of Our Lady Cathedral, Bolzano's chief landmark.
- The Dominican church with frescoes by Friedrich Pacher.
- The Franciscan church is dedicated to St. Francis and was rebuilt in Gothic style.
- The Capuchin church with the Baroque high altar and the altar-piece of Felice Brusasorci.
- The Ancient Gries parish church (of Our Lady in Keller) with the altar of Michael Pacher and the wooden Romanesque crucifix.
- The Church of the Sacred Heart of Jesus was built in 1897 on the occasion of the centennial from the oath of the Tyroleans to the Sacred Heart.
- The St. John's in Town church dates back to the 12th Century and it houses precious frescoes of the "Trecento".
- The Gothic St. George church of Teutonic Order (1400).
- The Protestant Christ church was founded as a church for foreigners.