Museums in Bolzano
Bolzano is encounter of cultures in all its aspects and quite in the art: its artistic treasures which churches, palaces and museums boast one sage mixture of Italian taste and mitteleuropea tradition, artistic jewels of most interesting value.
New impulse to the cultural life of Bolzano has been moreover brought from the recent opening of numerous museums that beyond collections and reconstructions of remarkable historical and cultural interest, accommodate prestigious extensions to topic regularly.
- The South Tyrol Museum of Archaeology documents the Prehistory and Ancient History of South Tyrol, from the Old Stone Age to Carolingian times.
- The Municipal Museum contains the richest collections of art and cultural history of their kind in South Tyrol.
- The Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art (Museion) of Bolzano presents modern and contemporary art in temporary exhibitions as well as in public spaces.
- The Mercantile Museum traces the economic history of Bolzano and is housed in the Mercantile Building.
- The Museum of Nature South Tyrol offers a detailed overview of the scientific, cultural and historical aspects of one of the most varied European regions and illustrates the origin and appearance of South Tyrol's unique mountain and valley habitats.
- The Messner Mountain Museum Firmian presents information about the mountains and its people.
- The ar/ge kunst Gallery Museum of Bolzano.