The Gothic St. George's Church of Teutonic Order can be found continuing to the north along via Weggenstein on the left.
The pulpit and the altar inside this church are by Andrea Filippini (end of 18th Century).
A lot of flags by the Teutonic Order are on the left wall.
The church of St. George, together with the Commendam at Lana near Merano, is one of the few remaining properties still belonging to the Teutonic Order. The habit worn by the sword-wielding monks was white with a black cross.
Bolzano was an arch commendam founded in 1202 along with the parishes "on the Etsch and in the mountains". The gothic style church of St. George was built in 1392.